UCLA Student Affairs is committed to ensuring effective assessment practice and demonstrating the outcomes of the work engaged in across the organization. Divisional coordination is an important component of this effort. Assessment coordination provided by SAIRO is guided by two major long term goals that require work in three primary need areas.
Key coordination activities engaged in by SAIRO
Convening committees and workgroups to address divisional assessment needs
- Student Affairs Assessment Committee (2012-14)—group convened to inform the development of assessment infrastructure and priorities for SA, including the development of the SA Outcome Domains.
Report: Recommendations for Assessment Coordination and Infrastructure (2014)
SA Outcome Domains Overview
- Baseline Implementation Group (2012-13)—group convened to support the development of campus practices and guidelines for the use of Baseline..
Coordinating collection and reporting of departmental assessment data and other survey and assessment data relevant to SA priorities and outcomes
- SA Departmental Assessment Annual Report
- Development of common SA constituent service questions
- Mapping of all current survey items to SA Outcome Domains
- Data reporting aligned to SA priorities and outcomes
Development of communication and collaboration opportunities across Student Affairs
- SA Data Hour sessions
- Baseline User Group
- Assessment networking events
Coordination and Support of SA use of Campus Lab’s Baseline and Planning platforms
- Providing standards and processes for appropriate use
- User profile management
- Review of assessment plans and survey instruments, etc.